2006/10/23

The first day of cold weather

I went to work today in the morning with a short sleeve shirt on (just like all the other days I've gone to school) and noticed something was different. Seoul isn't Chicago, but it was still cold today! But I felt fine with the shirt on. The students are starting their sports day this week (maybe pictures will follow). One of the classes I was supposed to teach was canceled. On the bus this morning, the bus driver actually picked me up on the intersection (which he wasn't supposed to do). It was a nice thing.

Still that annoying bell in the morning (beats the time on Dumb and Dumber for most annoying sound, at least for me). I can't get over that. I'm sure it's a sanity test for teachers of children - the bell goes off and insane people show their true colors.

Korean class was really hard today. I'm really noticing the fact that I started off in level 2 instead of level one, but I'm carrying on the best I can. Today I learned how to shop via the phone for items. It's more complicated than you think: you have to use a lot of polite language etc.

By the way, "to cut your hair" in korean= -literally- cut your head. so if you say, i just cut off my head, it means you got a hair cut. There are plenty more little tidbits like this in Korean. Hopefully more to follow at some point.

No comments: